I pray you will consider supporting this blog. You can do so via paypal: email@example.com
We often hear about not seeing the forest for the trees and all that, right? We also have this tendency in life of constantly wanting guarantees, of wondering how can I be certain of this and that? What of the faith journey, of love, of anything?
Let me begin with my faith, my Christian, Catholic faith. I have been open in saying that there are certain things taught by the church that don’t jive for me, never will, they are man made, not Christ made, they are assumed and inferred. What does that leave me with, what then can I be certain of? Well it is not rocket science, not for me. I am certain based on holistic biblical text, connection the dots of the following:
- The Trinity
- Sin is missing the mark in behavior and such
- There is natural order of marriage, sexuality, of all things
- The main role and job of the church is to teach on this and the power of the Trinity and prayer to help us maintain natural order and stay on the mark
Does this mean we always will, no, but we are not perfection, nor robots, we error, but we can be forgiven and get back on track, get second chances to get things in order somehow, even after we have missed the mark. We don’t have to punish ourselves, stay and live miserable, that is never an option, ever. That I also realize.
What of love, vocation, what of those? In these areas I realize:
- I can’t let the past determine the now or the future
- I have to allow myself to love and be loved
- I have make the Trinity, my faith the center of any relationship, not the religion per se, but the faith, the Trinity, prayer
- I have to love the person for who they are and they have to love for who I am
- We have to really be partners on so many levels, integrate into each others lives fully
- It’s okay, that we can be as one and still be individuals, to not be afraid of that
- My path is arts ministry, finding a way to combine the two for my joy and to fulfill The Great Commission is my path, one I should be more than ready to make
It’s such a blessing to have these realizations, even if later in life, but to have them and be ready to embrace them fully. I hope to have someone to embrace them with in my life soon.