New Year, So What Goals?
As another year has passed, I look back to my feeling last year at this time and the year before, it’s different. This year, there isn’t the buoyancy of those past birthdays, the heart this year had no expectations, so what’s going on? Is that a good thing for a bad thing? Well…
An old friend had a philosophy “Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst, always” I guess in the past I had set all these high expectations for the new year right before my birthday, not goals, not realistic goals, but a bunch of expectations, that included other people. This year, after learning life’s lessons that I have, I have not done that. I am hoping for the best, praying, meditating on goals I hope to achieve, that the Holy Spirit has set in me and are realistic, even if this year only the initial buds of the flower spring forth, it’s okay. The fibormyalgia is still here, not gone away and it may always be there, but so will my music, poetry, love of the arts and ministry, of the faith, of Christ. That is what matters. What are my goals?
- Be an effective music minister within the Italian-American and Roman Catholic Community
- Grow in this capacity and as an artist
- Earn a living as a music minister and artist, outside of my volunteer work with the church
- Build a solid group of friends, a family in the arts, ministry, in the same field and grow together in the faith and in our gifts, showcase our talent
- Be united, by divine guidance, with my soulmate twinflame in sacred companionship for the rest of my life
Unlike other years where i tried to force things to happen had a whole bunch of expectation, high expectations about stuff happening, how it should happen, all that, not anymore. Yes I have goals and yes I will day to day work towards them, but I wont have a whole bunch of high to the sky expectations. I will strive to live in the moment, do what needs to be done, still doing long range planning as necessary to succeed, but doing my best to go with the flow as well.