There a multitude of sins, but hypocrisy, which no doubt we have all been and at some point will all be guilty of, is probably one of the worst there is. When it comes to the liberal side of the aisle sad to say, even now within the Church it is not a pretty picture, so I decided to delve a bit into it and here is a list of 20 hypocrisies I came across in an article. This is just on the political and Hollywood end of things.
1) …it’s impossible to come to any sort of reasonable compromise with conservatives on anything, but that we can fix our problems with nations like Iran and North Korea by just sitting down and talking things out.
2) …they’re the most compassionate people in society. Yet, in study after study, you find that conservatives give more of their money to charity than liberals.
3) …they’re not racist despite the fact that they consistently support policies that have been several orders of magnitude more devastating to black Americans than the Ku Klux Klan.
4) …we’ve all got to dramatically reduce our carbon footprint to save the planet. Yet, liberals like Al Gore live in big mansions and fly around in private jets while still maintaining their credibility with their fellow environmentalist libs.
5) …they’re the people who are really looking out for women, but they strongly support sexual predators like Bill Clinton and they regularly hurl grotesque sexist insults at feminist role models like Sarah Palin who don’t toe-the-liberal-line.
6) …we definitely need to have higher tax rates in this country. Yet many of Obama’s nominees and cabinet members, including the Secretary of the Treasury, don’t pay their taxes as is — and liberals are okay with that.
7) …guns should be banned! Yet, while they want to take guns out of the hands of law-abiding Americans who live in dangerous neighborhoods, they believe liberal celebrities like Michael Moore and Rosie O’Donnell should be able to hire armed bodyguards.
8) …they’re the ones who really care about educating children; yet time and time again, they support policies that hurt our kids, but help their political allies in the teachers’ unions.
9) …running deficits are bad! After all, liberals ceaselessly took credit for the budget being balanced during the Clinton years and attack Bush for his profligate spending, right? Yet, despite the fact that Obama is running an unsustainable deficit so large that it threatens the future of the country, liberals are perfectly fine with it.
10) …college campuses are supposed to be places of learning and intellectual openness, but they approve of conservative speakers being attacked and shouted down.
11) …they’re gay-friendly even as they work to out gay Republicans and they often accuse the Republicans they hate the most of secretly being gay.
12) …they’re the ones who are champions of free speech, but liberals want to silence their most effective critics on talk radio via the Fairness Doctrine.
13) …they’re the ones who really want to stick to the Constitution. Yet, liberals buy into a “living Constitution,” which is nothing more in practice than substituting your personal opinion for what’s actually in the Constitution.
14) …it was terrible for George Bush to detain terrorists indefinitely, to use extraordinary rendition to send them to other nations, and to withhold more photos of what happened at Abu Ghraib — but, when Obama did the exact same things, few liberals had anything to say about it.
15) …we have to move away from sources of energy like oil, coal, and nuclear power towards what they believe are more eco-friendly power sources like wind power. Yet, whenever anyone tries to build a wind turbine, it’s almost always a liberal that attempts to stop it — just as Ted Kennedy did because he was afraid his yachting view might be spoiled if the ideas he championed were put into practice.
16) …they’re courageous for speaking out against Republicans while Hollywood and the media cheer them on, but when the time comes to speak out against the abuses of radical Muslims, they’re terrified into silence.
17) …when someone despises America, we need to ask, “What have we done to make him hate us?” — but, when someone despises liberals for what they’re doing to the country, they conclude that person must be ignorant, bigoted, or evil.
18) …it’s morally abhorrent to put a serial killer to death, but that a mother killing her baby via abortion is merely a “choice.”
19) …we have to count every vote, except for members of the military serving overseas, most of whom are denied their right to vote because Democratic politicians deliberately delay in sending out their ballots until it’s too late for them to be returned in time.
20) …when they looked at information from our intelligence agencies and concluded that Saddam Hussein had WMDs, they were just mistaken — but when George Bush looked at the same info and drew the same conclusion, he was lying.
What About in Social Contexts and In terms of Social Justice? What harm has this doctrine and dogma done to the Church and Society?
1. Stifled any real debate
2. Created an atmosphere of fear and intimidation
3. Destroyed Biblical truth and wisdom of society conform to God, not God to society’s whims and emotions
4. Created boogeymen and victims everywhere at every corner
5. Created a totalitarian campus and educational society where the only opinions allowed are liberal ones and conservative
6. Constant paying for sins of the past by all for all generations, so there is no equality based on talents, gifts, skills etc…
7. The Church as an agent of ethical, moral restraint is destroyed as it becomes complicit in sin, debuacary etc… or it risks the wrath of the Left, of the Social Justice Warriors, YUKK!!!!
Yet we expect the Church to adhere to administering the Sacraments to all and if they don’t, then we get very upset, how can they refuse anyone, the nerve! Excuse me? If they adhere to biblical truth, if any Christian business owner adheres to biblical truth, to their faith, they are crucified, but yet we want all the Sacraments that come the institution based on Scripture, God’s Word with very clear moral codes, right? Can we say humans are hypocrites loudly enough please, thank you because that is what that amounts to.
Social Justice is hpoocrity like when we don’t want hight taxes, but we want the government to take care of us in every way, shape form, give us stuff, excuse me? If you want the government to give you stuff left and right, then when they take all your money, shut up about it, zip it, don’t whine, don’t complain, suck it up. On the other hand if we would like to do things very differently then we might actually have social and spiritual justice, but not sure we have the courage for it, not quite sure we do.
faith is mocked etc..